4 Angels From Above

Instead of worrying about what our children will become tomorrow, remember that they are somebody today.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Saving money...

Since I have been back from Florida I have been trying to do this coupon thing. it's taken a couple of week to get the hang of it. But with some persistence and help from my friend Diane. I am doing good. This week I went shopping, it's now kind of a chalenge to see how much I can get for free. I have to go to different places and clip a lot coupons. But SOOOO worth it. I am lucky now that my sister is here so she stayed with the kids in the car while I ran inside and grabed a couple of things from each store. But we don't have a publix very close, but we do have Krogers. They also have Ecoupons. you go to the site choose the coupons you want and it goes straight to my card, than I can use a paper coupon as well. So I went to Kroger on tuesday and my bill came out to $125.00 dollars, after I scaned my card and gave him my 50 coupons I paid $45.37, I am so excited and I get home and tell Borja how much everything costed and what I got for free. I don't think he is as excited as I am. Maybe he will be a little more after Fathers day when he gets his present with the money I saved from groceries... Thank you Diane.

3 comments:

  1. wow you did great!! I've been doing this too. It's so much more work but SO worth it!! I felt really dumb the first time I took a huge stack of coupons and a bunch of store ads for price matches to wal-mart, but when I saw how much I saved I was like, who cares! this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Vanessa! I'm glad everything worked out and you saved so much money! Isn't it exciting? Matt wasn't as excited as I was either, until I sent him to the store when I was out of town and now he gets why I'm so into couponing! He thinks it's awesome! If you have any more questions call anytime! Glad I could help! Tell your mom she is welcome to come to our enrichment on the 18, it's all about couponing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we do the same thing! you'll have to share any of your insider tips with me...nice job. There's a definite sense of personal satisfaction huh?

    ReplyDelete