4 Angels From Above

Instead of worrying about what our children will become tomorrow, remember that they are somebody today.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

25


I found out that there is a website that you can send in your blog, and have it put into a book. Since I am not a great journal keeper I think it would be interesting to do that. So I don't really care if anyone reads it. I am just writing as much as I can, so it can be like a journal book some day.

Anyways I am 7 minutes away from being 25 years old. I say that not to announce to everyone that it's my birthday, but because turning 25 has really made me think about some things.

I am a truly blessed woman, in the past few years I have learned what is important in my life. Surprisingly it is not what I thought it would be when I knew it all back when I was 16. I found out that the love of my life is not a blond guy with stunning blue eyes. He is a tall, dark and handsome Spaniard that I met when I was 18. I found out that I will aways take exactly one hour to get ready at the LEAST. I love trying to look my best, though sometimes my best is not good enough for me.

I found out that I LOVE being pregnant, and I love my children. I cannot even remember or imagine life without them. I have made some really dumb choices in my life that have led me to much heart ache, and though I wish I could keep other people from making those mistakes. I CAN'T. I just recently realize that I am my worst enemy, but still can't do anything about that. I have so much to learn still, but I just want to teach. Teach my kids that they have loving parents who have worked really hard to get them here. I try not to take for granted of the time I have with them. That is why I "nuggle" with both of them for nap time and night time. I know sometimes that turns out to be a pain, because of all the things I have to do. But you know what... The house will always be there to be cleaned, they made drive through for a reason. But kids are only little for a short period of time, and than they will be gone. Live their lives, have their kids. And I will be here cleaning and cooking.

I also know that life has it's priorities, and as much as I love my children I have to love who gave them to me even more. God has entrusted them to me, so that I can take care of them. I love Him for it. And secondly my husband, who works so hard and sacrifices so much. Just so that I can be home teaching them, and taking care of them. Sometimes I feel a little down about myself, because the world now makes me feel less of what I am. I don't have a degree, and I don't have any desire of getting one. Not because I am dumb and can't do it, though Satan tries to convince me of that. But because I just don't want to wake up one morning, and see that I missed the best thing in life.

Not to offend anyone who works, that may be what you want to do. I also know that some people cannot stay home at the moment, and that is why I am so grateful that I can. We may not be able to get the boat, or the luxurious things in life. But to me it is so worth it. I realize that friends are hard to find, and that my mom has and will always be one of my best friends. I found out that being away from my family is harder than I thought it would be. I regret that I tried to grow up too fast, but do NOT regret getting married young. I have seen too many people go crazy after they turn 18, and got a little bit of freedom. I believe that I am who I am today because of the choices I made, I am so glad that I was raised in a manner that even though I made bad choices, I was never allowed to make them so bad that it altered or damaged my plan for an Eternal marriage.

I know that families are forever, and not until death comes along. I know now that I am raising my kids much like I was raised. I am thankful for the example that my parents are, showing me that it is possible to make a marriage work. When the world now does not even believe in marriage anymore. I am not afraid of speaking my mind, and that is a gift and a curse at the same time. I love having fun, I do NOT miss high school. But I miss not having responsibilities some times. I wish I had listen to my parents when they told me life was easy back then. I only kissed 4 guys in my life and that was 3 too many.

I love to spend time with my husband, even if it's a little here and there when the kids are asleep. I love that he loves me. I love that he loves our kids, it is a shame that he will never know how good of a dad he really is. But I love him more because of it. Spencer tells me at least 10 times a day that he loves me, and I tell it back to him 2 times every time he does. I believe that if I do that he will always know that when ever he is in need of some love. All he has to do is show some love. I think it's working, i haven't seen another 3 year old tell his mom he loves her just because he felt like it. It saddens me to know sometimes that I am doing my best as their mother, but that they deserve so much more.

So I am one quarter of a century old, and even though that may not seam like a lot. I think I have come a long way, in my life's check list. I know there is so much more to be done, and so much that I don't know. So much that I need to work on. More kids to bring down to earth, and so much more heart aches. But I hope and pray that as I learn and go through these things that I will be molded to what my Heavenly Father wants me to be.

I know that God lives, he is my foundation and the center of our home. I am not in any way, shape, or form, close to doing all that I should be doing. But I am grateful that Christ came to earth and died for me, and is willing to come through for me in the areas that I lack. As long as I endure it to the end. I love my religion, and I am not ashamed of it. It also played a major role as to who I am today. I know I am a daughter of God, and that he loves me. And even though to the world I am not "worth" much, because I am "just" a mother. I am all that I wanted to be, from the time I was a little girl. And even more important I am worth more in the eyes of God, being a mother is being selfless, giving up time, or postponing my own life because of the role that I took when I gave birth.

So I am 25, I am a woman, a mother, a sister, a daughter, a wife. And I LOVE being every one of those.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Vanessa you are a good friend,a good mother and I'm sure a good wife. Your family is blessed to have you in their life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!! Sorry I missed it and didn't call! I'm so glad we are friends! You are an amazing woman and a great example to me. Love you and miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Happy Late Birthday Vanessa! What an amazing woman you are, you always have been someone Ive really admired. Im so happy that you are so happy with your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete