4 Angels From Above

Instead of worrying about what our children will become tomorrow, remember that they are somebody today.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Birth Story

Well we checked in to the hospital on sunday at 6:00 pm. We started at 8pm with some tablets every 4 hours, having a some pain by 8am my dr. broke my water and started Petosin/ I was only 4cm dialated. But doing good, well braking your water and petocin change things a little. The Dr. said I should not ask for the epidural until I was in active labor, so around 10 I was in a lot of pain, but was trying to work through it. Borja could not take it anymore and called the nurse and asked for an epidural for me. I am glad he did. Dr. Feel Good came in and gave me the Epidural, life was great from that moment on. An hour later i could feel the contractions again, so I was pushing the little pump every 15 min. for more medicine. The machine was not picking up my contractions so the nurse kept adding petocin. BUT I KNEW THEY WERE THERE. Anyways Borja went to lunch at 12 and when he came back at 12:45 I was crying, I was so tired and it all came so quick. Borja called the nurse, she came in the room to check me. However none of us had much hope. She checked me and ran out of the room telling me not to laugh, caugh or sneeze. I was confused, I guess Stephanie was crawling out on her own. A minute later she came in the room along with 3 other nurses and a table full of things. They fixed me in the bed, and my Dr. Ran in just to catch her, After one contraction and 3 pushes she was out. All 6 pounds 14 ounces, 19 and 1/2 inches long. It was easy, the pushing part. However I pumped so much Epidural in my body that my left leg was dead weight, for 4 hours afterwards. Kind of funny, I could wigle my toes, but no matter how hard my brain told my leg to move, it just did not do it.










7 comments:

  1. She is so tiny! I love the picture of Spencer holding her. Congrats again, I can't wait to meet her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is Beautiful. Congrats to the both of you! I hope you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im sooooo excited to come and see her! I miss you!!!!!!!!!!! woo hoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is precious, I bet you are so happy to have her home. She is a beautiful girl! Congrats

    ReplyDelete