4 Angels From Above

Instead of worrying about what our children will become tomorrow, remember that they are somebody today.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

What a blessing...

The other night we had a very strong storm during the night. We put the kids to sleep and Borja wanted to watch a movie, I am glad I fell asleep as soon as I hit the bed. Around midnight, I hear a scream next to me. I jumped out of bed with my heart pretty much in my hand. It was Spencer, which surprized me. I always hear him comming, but I had no idea that night. "What's wrong Spencer?" He said almost crying "I am scared mommy." Well Stephanie who usually sleeps from 9 to 2 decided it was time to eat after waking up with the scream also. So I poked Borja and told him to take Spencer and I would take care of Stephanie. YEAH... So what does he do? Puts Spencer in bed with us. NOT what i had in mind.

Anyways I finished nursing, and changed her diaper 3 times. She thought it was time to be cute and play. HUM!!! So she came to our bed also. It went something like this... Borja,on one half of the bed, Spencer, Stephanie, and Me on the other half. I did not sleep at all. Afraid of rolling on top of her, or Spencer rolling on top of her. I was kind of frustrated. The next day when they took naps it was my plan to just sleep, and sleep, and sleep. But when I saw them sleeping I could not help but think what a blessing it is. To be their mother, they are such wonderful children. How amazing it is to know that God has entrusted me to have these special children and raise them. That i have the ability to mold their lives, and have them be an impact for good in this world. When I think of a hero I think of my mother, and how much she has sacrificed. Mothers have a special place in this world, there is no one or nothing that can come close to do what a mother can. Fathers of course have their own special place, howvere it is different. No need to say all I did was watch them sleep and think of how much I love them. I am so grateful I can take time and just look at them. And know that they are mine.


1 comment:

  1. Your kids are so precious! Matt read your post and thinks Borja is the man! I told him if he ever did that I would kick his butt out of bed!

    ReplyDelete