4 Angels From Above

Instead of worrying about what our children will become tomorrow, remember that they are somebody today.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Negativitycillin

Blog Facts
This post may be read while bored or while busy. 
Do NOT read this post, if pregnant or have a child who is under the age of 5 years old and believe that it's okay to have a gun laying around the house.
Keep out of reach of children's ears.
In case of over offended, get medical help. Or simply get over it.


Directions
Adults
only...........................May read this post and get whatever out of it.........................One time only.
Children under 
parenthood....................Do not read it. You just might not understand.


Other Information
  • This post was written out of frustration
  • I simply don't really care if half the world thinks I am crazy for thinking this way
Questions or comments? 1-800-justwriteitdownthere
(Mon-Sun12am-12pm EST)


Warnings
This may offend some people and if it does I am sorry, but this is my blog and I am using one of my amendments. 
For a more cohesive reading, ignore the picture and red letters and come back to it later.


............................................................................................................
We LOVE play dates....

If you made it this far you want to know what the fuss is all about... And to soften the blow, I am adding some candy for the eye. Pictures of My kids...

I have a few things that I am terrified of. GUNS, SWIMMING POOLS, and a few others that I rather not mention here in case... Just in case you are a weirdo that is stalking me. 

Girls stick together amidst the boys...
Let me break it down to you:
Swimming Pools: No I am not afraid to go swimming, I am not afraid of the water at all actually. I am a very strong Swimmer. And if I may brag... It is the only thing I can beat my husband in. So why the fear??? When I was about 7 years old I saw my father who is actually a stronger swimmer jump in the water at my grandmother's house to save my 2 year old sister who was now at the bottom of the pool and not moving... I saw her pale little face and motionless body come out of the water... I remember the horror in my mothers cry, the desperation the feeling of total loss of control and guilt. Fortunately my father was able to give her CPR and after a few seconds water shot out of her and little by little she came back to us. 
Now you may think... WELL where were the parents??? Why were they not watching her??? They were... at least they thought. We were all, mom, dad and I, we were cleaning the car feet's away from the pool. It took less then 60 seconds while they were vacuuming the front seats, and they looked up and she was gone.
I also have a cousin who when she was 18 months old, wondered out of her room after a nap and without the baby sitter seeing. Jumped in the pool, unfortunately it was too late by the time she was found. WELL, You may think... I have a fence around my pool, or I am always aware of the door to the outside.  They not only had a fence, but they had a wall that separated the back yard to the pool, and a small gate that had one of those sliding locks on it. But all it took was an older sibling forgetting a toy by the pool and leaving the gate slightly open for a tragedy to happen and an older child having to live with that guilt forever. Do you think that a few days of fun in the pool is worth the chance of that happening?

Black Berry Smoothies Anyone?
NOT IN A MILLION YEARS. So no!!! We will NEVER have a house with a pool. Because I am terrified of it. And for the record it feels ok to me, to have a small plastic one, and even an above the ground pool without a latter.

This is her MAD face when you tell her... NO!
GUNS: I hate guns... Until I met my husband I had never even touched one, and I was terrified when he told me that he owned 3 of those brain blowing thingy magigger. He grew up in Wyoming... So HELOOO!!! Of course he has them. I cannot convince him of getting rid of it.(I think it makes him feel manly to know he owns one)  So we still have them, the kids do not know we have them, and they are locked in the storage room above the house. 

Who Knew A single Slice of Pizza could be soooo messy.
I believe it was my father or it may have been one of his 4 brothers... who when he was little found my grandfathers gun, which he knew that he had but had to spend a little time looking for it. And had used it times before, to go have a good old time as a father son activity. Well he found it on the top shelve of the closet, and was showing his younger brother and the gun went off. It literally missed his brother's brain by a few inches and through the wall it went. Hum... SO here is the conversation that got me mad... Unfortunately I am guilty of having a facebook and I go in there when I want to see how narrow minded and ignorant some people are. This following discussion went on.

But just leave it up to Missie and a Messy she will do.
Ignorant fellow friend #1:

Since when are pediatricians asking parents if they have guns in the house?? There's a major story in the news about a family who refused to answer that question and the pediatrician promptly discharged them from his care! Last tues when (daughter) got her shots, they asked me as well! Since when is it any business of theirs?


ME: Since children started shooting their siblings for irresponsible parents who don't have them locked.

 Another and yet just as ignorant fellow friend #2: Actually Vanessa...it would be parents who don't teach their kids to respect them. I saw a lot of unlocked guns in Utah, including rifles in the bedrooms of teenagers...never any stories of shooting because those kids were properly taught to respect them and that those rifles were NEVER touched unless they were out target shooting or hunting with their father.

Ignorant Fellow friend #1: Which is how I raise my kids: to respect guns. They're scared to touch them! I let them shoot the smaller .22 and they've seen what destructive power and how loud my handgun and shotgun are.

Oh!!! Look Mom what a great Idea....

So you can tell I did not even reply to that one... RIGHT? 

Here are my thoughts.... First of all, why is Utah the roll model for the world? Hum... Lots of good people there but even worse people there too.  And Second, I am not talking about Teens, obviously if a teen wanted to shoot something they would find a way... I am talking about the little ones, you know the ones that you tell them 10 times that its hot and still they touch it... or the ones that fall down the stairs every day, and yet think they can do it the next day. The ones that would take a gun because they play cowboys all day with the plastic ones that WE give them... Well how cool it would be to play with DADDY"S cowboy gun.

I think it must be a kid thing... I never wondered how that would feel.
And final thought.... If you are so good at teaching them to respect the guns... SPEND that skill teaching them to respect their mothers, and fathers, teach them to respect teachers at school, and the elderly. And better yet, the name of their father in Heaven... How about that? After you have mastered all those by the age of 4. Please by all means Teach them to respect the gun that you can't take 30 seconds of your life and 


My Son... He owns a part of my heart.

LOCK IT UP!

I cannot imagine life without them.
I am sorry if I was harsh, I have very strong opinions. And I know I could not live with the guilt of knowing that I did not learn from someone else's mistake and facilitated the tragedy that took one of my most precious possessions... JUST SAYING!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment