4 Angels From Above

Instead of worrying about what our children will become tomorrow, remember that they are somebody today.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Bitter Taste of Failure.

As I look back, and think of my childhood
I remember the little girl I once was. 
Dolls and Tea Pots filled my time
while I waited for the day to pass
a made up a world where I could fly
there were no trials there was no test.

As I look further ahead 
and remember the horrible teens,
The thoughts of boys and the desire to fit in
made life harder then it had to be.
How silly I was to think life was hard back then.

First year of marriage now that was fun,
there was not a week that would go by
that we would not fight and I would not cry.
Life was not bad, we were really blessed
the hardest part was 
to put away habits from the passed.

Now looking at my days 
I am a no longer that little girl
or that silly teen who wanted to fit in.
We now have our own habits, 
Together we created a life, 

Now I am a mother of 2,
a maid, a disciplinarian, a chef
a counselor in young women,
the wife of an engineer, pilot,
father, and counselor in the bishopric.

And today I sit here with the bitter taste of failure.
Because although I should be all those things 
I have failed in many of them, how can I succeed?
How can I raise obedient kids, who know their ABC's 
How can I have a spotless house when as I clean 
it's being destroyed somewhere else, 
by the kids I have no control over?
How can I have a home made dinner every night, 
when I know they will just sit there not want to eat?
How can I teach the young women to be a great wife and mother, 
When obviously I have no idea how to do that myself?

So is there an age in the future when eventually life becomes easier? 
A time when you look back and think... I have done something right in life?
Sometimes I wish I could still be that little girl, who had no idea how hard life would really be.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Vanessa. Sorry you're feeling so discouraged- it happens to all of us. Just keep plugging along. Remember that man is that he might have "joy". I have found that when I pray to have guidance to do the most important things first I'm not so discouraged when a cup of juice gets spilled on my freshly mopped floor or I end up with 14 piles of laundry that just didn't get folded. Because on those days I usually end up spending quality time with the boys that has nothing to do with manners or ABCs. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweetie you CAN"T be all those things. I have come to realize that my family loves me and Heavenly Father loves me even if the house is not clean and dinner is not made. Quality kids and family is not dependent on those things are wether they know their ABC's.

    Hang in there. It doesn't get easier, just better!

    ReplyDelete