4 Angels From Above

Instead of worrying about what our children will become tomorrow, remember that they are somebody today.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Just when you think you've done something right!

Well!!! I will let you take a wild guess, as to where I am this week.
Florida
Again... My parents are in Brazil and I am here helping things to go smoothly. Yeah Right!!!

Anyways... On Tuesday I decided to go to Orlando. Since Tennessee has no church stores anywhere in site, I wanted to purchase the rest of the scriptures for children. We have the new testament memorized! I packed up the kids and left, we arrived there at 9:45 am. A whole 15 minutes too early. Now why can't I do that for church? We watched the ducks, and walked around the plaza. But the owners of the store were on Mormon time and were late to open the store. So I put the kids in the car and drove to the Temple.
 As we drove in I told Spencer we were going to Jesus house. I think it's good for him to think of Jesus as a real person, and not an image. So I though that by giving him a home would make it more real to him. 
We pulled in and he said... "look mommy, there is a trophy on top"  I explained to him that It's not a trophy but the angel Moroni, which we read all about that night. We walked around the temple. Spencer was amazed at how big it was, and how pretty, and awesome!!! 
As we were walking and I could see their excitement, I could not help but to wonder what he was thinking. I could see the wheels turning. He wanted to go inside so bad. But I told him he had to be big like mommy, and before he went on his mission he would go in there. I also told him that, it was there that Mommy and Daddy got married. And he said... "yeah, the day you looked like a princes, the one in the picture." 

Well we got in the car, and drove to the book store as I felt good about what I had just done. The pictures were going to look so good in the blog. 

And as I sat here ready to download some awesome pics. I realized they are in the memory and not on the card. Which means, that I can't down load them. Because the camera is from Spain and I don't have the cord, and simply I don't know how to do it. So Imagine 2 very cute kids, skipping around This beautiful temple. And every once in a while stopping to take a picture by flowers. 
I can't ever get it all right!

2 comments:

  1. I think that right there will have to stay a heart memory, then. Those are the best kind. You pull them out when you're feeling melancholy and wishing you could do it over again. WONDERFUL experience, even if no picture captures it in duplicate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The one where you look like a princess" Wow that gave me the chills! What an observant little man you have there!

    Just hopping over from Linda's blog hope you don't mind!!

    ReplyDelete