4 Angels From Above

Instead of worrying about what our children will become tomorrow, remember that they are somebody today.

Friday, September 10, 2010

My little musician...

We love to sing... I mean... I love to sing, and because of it my kids do it too. Spencer is in primary this year, and is learning many new song and screaming the ones he already knew. He loves the song Follow the Prophet. 
Just the chorus part, we don't know/remember the beginning. So Yesterday as he sat in time out... He sang the following lyrics to the tune of Follow the prophet. 

I am in time out,
Follow the prophet
I am in time out,
Follow the prophet
I am in time out, 
follow the prophet
I'm bad every day-ay. 
Don't go astray-ay .

How is a mother supposed to have a straight face after that one?!? At least he knew why he was in time out! right?
This a video we took of Spencer when he was 2. He is my lil singer.

I also was remembering the tragic experience I had about 1 1/2 months ago.
I went to the dentist to remove a wisdom tooth. The lady knew I had to drive home so they did not put me out... They only gave me laughing gas. Which by the way is a whole other post. (however sometimes I wish I could have a tank of that at home,) Anyways, I came home around 3 with my children, and took the Pain killers they gave me. Woooiiii. I was in Heaven, I mean knocked out. So I did what every responsible parent would do. I put on a movie in the living room for the kids (who are 4 and 18 months) and went to sleep. About an hour into my heavenly sedation. I wake up with a very upset little girl screaming next to my bed. She had her hands extended to me and every time she looked at her hands she would cry little louder.
Oh no I thought, as I saw four very blurry little hands covered in something dark. I looked and smelled it just to find out it was.... You guessed it. POOP. My poor heart was not prepared for what I saw next. My little animal disguised as a little princess had taken her diaper off, and pooped on the stairs. She proceeded by taking it on to her hands kneeling and waxing my hard wood floors with it. And now she thought it was disgusting? 
From the stairs to my room, is a hallway  about 20 feet long covered with the worst weapon kids have. As I drowned/bathed her, clothe and all. I though well in about an hour daddy will be home. He can clean the floors. My sweet little boy who I still wonder what on EARTH was doing when this was going on, came in and informed me that if I did not clean the floors, He was going to have to go outside for the day. Because it STINKS. How observant he is... AFTER the poop hit the floor. So yes me and my four hands cleaned the floors that kept moving on me. 
So... who wants a cute little, mischievous, oh so precious up to no good filled with love, and a smile that will part your heart in half baby girl?


3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH! BEST STORY EVER! I have a good poop story, too, but not NEARLY as disgusting as yours. YOU WIN! By the way, love the new lyrics. You should publish them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is now my new favorite version of Follow the Prophet. My kids like to do a Russian dance to that song. Grossest poop story ever. And I have my share of poop stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi , I wanted to stop by and say im a new follower. I found your blog on Blog Frog ...come on by and follow.

    Na-Miart.blogspot.com
    ART,LIFE,CRAFTING

    ReplyDelete