4 Angels From Above

Instead of worrying about what our children will become tomorrow, remember that they are somebody today.

Friday, June 24, 2011

A Name and a Blessing

In the LDS religion we believe in the power of the Priesthood, this is nothing new to the world... It was on Earth when Christ was here, and it was restored to the world many years ago. The power of the priesthood, is the power of God held on Earth by worthy men, who have been given the keys for such a privileged power. Priesthood holders are able to bless the sick and afflicted, through revelation from the Lord and with his will, they are able to place their hands upon a persons head and pronounce a blessing for that person through their faith to be healed. (Are you still with me?)

This is something I believe very strongly, for I have seen and been part of miracles that have come to pass because of it. Things that are personal and I do not feel appropriate sharing at this time on this blog. But if you are ever curious about it, let me know and I will in person share it with you. We also believe in the blessing of a newborn child. That's when they are blessed and presented to the Lord with a name here on Earth.

Dear Daughter,
You where blessed on June 12th, 2011 in the Deltona Ward, of the Deland Florida Stake. That was a special moment, for it has been my home ward since we moved to this country. In the circle stood Daddy, Grandpa Gaertner, Jared VanEnglelenhoven, Mathew Boyce, and William Kumbera. 


You were presented to the Lord as Annabelle Louise Martos, Daddy was the one who pronounced that blessing. You did not cry, or make a sound of that matter. You looked beautiful in your 1st, pretty little white dress. Stephanie your sister wore that same dress, on her blessing day and I hope to someday show it to you when you are older.

Daughter, you were blessed to have an obedient soul, that you will recognize the Lord throughout your life. And when placed with oppositions you would heed to the prompting of the Spirit, and resist temptations. You were also blessed to be protected from any devastating diseases of the world, and if you obey the teaching of the gospel and follow the commandments, the Lord will be you constant companion. You are a special daughter of God, whom he loves and knows you personally. 

I hope and pray that you will grow up to live those blessing to the fullest. I will do my very best to fulfill my calling as your mother on this earth. I pray that I will have the strength to follow the promptings of the Holly Ghost, and teach you in those soft important moments to love and know our Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ.  He lives, He loves you, He listens and answers prayers. He knows the intentions of our hearts and He is there to pick us up where we come short. Learn to love and follow Him, and you will be blessed through your journey on this Earth, and one day return to live with him in Heaven.

I have loved you before I ever heard your little heart beating, I have prayed for your existence, I knew  you were waiting to come to our family. And I love you now and will do so throughout eternity. Welcome to our little family. Never wonder for a single second if you are loved and wanted, and although I want to some day see you as a faithful daughter of God fulfilling your calling on this Earth, I can WAIT. Don't grow up too fast.

Love, MOM.

Grandpa Gaertner, Daddy, Grandpa Martos

Proud Grandparents


 Eternal.
3 Generation of Girls

3 Generations of Boys

Friendship can last a life time... (but boy we can multiply fast)

Proud Uncle

All the Girls

Sisters

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! I'm so glad we could be there! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just fine until your last paragraph and then the tears started flowing. What a precious little soul you've been given. When our last baby was blessed, our two-year-old was acting up and I didn't hear a thing! I had to ask my husband what was said and he hardly remembered.

    I am also so grateful for the the priesthood in our lives. What a gift! I can't imagine my life without it.

    ReplyDelete