4 Angels From Above

Instead of worrying about what our children will become tomorrow, remember that they are somebody today.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Ungrateful children

So... Many of you know that I have a 10 year old brother, and a 5 year old son. And although in the future some  day I believe they will become great friends, right now they are incredibly mean and annoying when they are together. Making the visits to Florida during the summer when school is out very hard. So the solution, keep them as busy as we can away from each other. Andrew (my brother) goes to his friends house ALL day, and Spencer stays at the house playing with all the things he is not allowed to when Andrew is around. 
Like little complicated Lego sculptures, and "playing" the WII and Game Boy"erasing very important and hard levels that took months to get to". (*10 year old stumping out of the house, while crying like a baby)

The other day I felt bad for the kids, they had spent all day in the house and I wanted to do something nice. So I decided to take them to the park, and is there a better way to get kids tired then to walk 2 miles each way to the park? At 4 p.m. in Florida on 93 degrees weather? NOTHING I tell ya! So I put the kids in my "new to me" double stroller and off we went, I was feeling like the greatest mom...


We got to the park dehydrated and smelling like Shrek, thank goodness I brought some water. I sat on the shade and watched the kids play in the play ground from afar. We picked shells, and ran, and played. 






I played with a very chubby little girl. My little 6 pound baby is now over 10 pounds. Sniff Sniff


Apparently I was taking too many pictures.

After we played, and had tons of fun it was time to walk home. It was also time for Mr. Grouch to complain, my son complains about EVERYTHING. So it went something like this. 
"Mommy?!"

Yes Spencer?

I don't like that park, actually... I hate it and never want to go back to that one again.

You din't have fun in the play ground? 

Nope!!! It was too small and too far, and kind of boring. I only like the one that Vovo (grandpa) plays tennis at. So take me to that one next time. 

By now I am again dehydrated and ticked cause I went out of my way to be nice and this is what I get?

Well, Spencer, there wont be a next time... You can spend all day locked in the house for all i care.

Ungrateful kids. When do they learn to appreciate their parents efforts? I have a felling it will be a long time before I hear a THANK YOU that I don't have to say "Now what do you say"  first.





4 comments:

  1. Too funny! You are such a great mom to do so much. I love that your are teaching you kids to not always take the easy route.

    I have a complainer too. I thing your son and my daughter would be good friends OR they would probably just complain about each other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids, they sure can be frustrating but we can't take it personally...Funny thing though, it's all the fun times they remember not what they 'hated'.

    Hang in there, your a good mom!

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. Something to look forward to when Jet learns to talk ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's the epitomy of motherhood! Go Vanessa!! I could not imagine seeing myself drenched in sweat pushing a stroller in FLORIDA! That's why your so skinny :)

    ReplyDelete