4 Angels From Above

Instead of worrying about what our children will become tomorrow, remember that they are somebody today.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

3 of them 1 of me

"You will pursue many avenues in this mortal journey, but none as important as being a mother." 

That is a quote taken from a special blessing given to me when I was 16, and if you are and LDS you know what I am talking about. 

I knew from the time I was a little girl I wanted to be a mother, have many kids. I would have great husband. The check list went something like this.

1. Tall
2. Good Teeth
3. Returned LDS missionary
4. Eagle Scout
5. Handsome
6. Blond
7. Blue or Green eyes
8. Sensitive
9. Smart
10. Handsome 
(yeah I know Handsome was on there twice, I wanted to make a point)

I got 8 out of 10, 
I will let you guess which 2 I compromised on. 

He is lucky he is handsome, cause at the time I thought that blond kids with blues eyes would make the cutest  babies. However now, I realize that my babies are beautiful just the way they are. And people don't look at me and wonder where the heck did that one come from. C'mon they are carbon copies of us. 

Anyways, let me get to may point will you?

While I was pregnant with Annabelle, I had people tell me...
"It's no big deal, 3 is no different than 2."

I also had people tell me...
"Poor Vanessa, 3 will throw her for a loop"

And so I wondered who was right. When Spencer was born, it was hard and easy... 
Hard because we were learning together, I was learning how to be a mother, and what was acceptable and what to do when certain things happened. We are still learning as he gets older. And it was easy because there was only one he had my undivided attention 24/7.

When Stephanie was born, It was Cake, I knew how to do everything, and how to get her in a routine, and life was great. We carried on as if nothing major had happened. We got to church and fulfilled our callings with a great ease.

Annabelle came along, and It's all a blur to me. Stephanie was no longer my Stephanie, jealousy is and evil guest at our house. Annabelle does not work with my routines. She makes her own. She is a great baby, with a mind of her own. Spencer is in a completely different stage of life, He is a little boy now, Soccer practices and kindergarten right around the corner. 

OF COURSE I CAN DO IT. NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT.

It's just taking me a little while. The other day, Spencer stayed home from preschool, he only goes 2 days a week. So those days are sacred to me, he stayed home with a fever, sore throat and a head ache. 
Stephanie busted her chin open on the table AGAIN. And I nursed my starving baby every 2 hours for an hour. It was a crazy day, it was not until the end of the day, when I noticed my milk supply was low, that I realized I hadn't eaten all day. Or showered for that matter. 

Well, it's times like these that I have to think back, and tell myself. Nothing I will do in this life is more important than being a mother. 
So even though there are 3 of them and only 1 of me, the Lord is on my side, and "all things are possible through Christ"

DISCLAIMER: I would give up the blue eyes and blond hair, for the husband I got any second of the day as many times as it would take. He is much more than I could have asked for. so really I didn't compromised in anything.


4 comments:

  1. Hang in there, I promise it will get easier! You'll be in FL soon with LOTS of help! And when it's time to go back home Annabelle will be 3 weeks older. I always find that the older my babies get the easier life gets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a wonderful mother and you're doing a GREAT job!!

    I can relate, my boys were like having triplets. They were so close in age and life seemed so crazy...But it's over in a blink of an eye...Two are in college and one's on a mission and I think, "Where did the time go?"

    Just enjoy every insane busy minute because they don't last....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post, to match a beautiful family. I'm so glad all is well with your new babe, and you can do hard things, Vanessa. Especially with a little extra chocolate...and prayer. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. I just love your little family!

    ReplyDelete