4 Angels From Above

Instead of worrying about what our children will become tomorrow, remember that they are somebody today.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Birth Story...

As you know I had my baby almost 2 weeks ago, April 21st, 2011 was a great day. 
This is me and my last pregnancy picture at 36 weeks.

I had a Dr.'s appointment on the 20th, I went in hoping to have big changes and that he would tell me to go straight to the hospital. YEAH!!! right.
Instead I was told I was 1cm, (1cm??!! ARE YOU FLIPPIN KIDDING ME??) All that walking for 1cm?? He told me that he was going to schedule me to be induced on the 1st of May. I told him I had been having contractions for the past 3 nights but that when I got up to get ready to go to hospital they spread out and went away by morning. But I was tired of NOT sleeping. He than told me if I went in with contractions that could be picked up by the monitors that he would not send me home. 
Alright Doc. if contractions is what you want... I can produce contractions... I told my husband we would be having a baby the next day. So he went to work and tried to finish as much as he could, HE knew I meant it. 
I went home and cleaned the whole house, finished packing for me and kids, got myself ready, and made child care arrangements. Oh... Let's not forget... I stopped by Walgreens and picked up a friendly blue bottle called Castor Oil, and some orange juice. I wanted to make sure these contractions were not going away.
Got home had my delivery potion, which by the way is not as nasty as I thought. The after taste is horrible, but not enough to make me sick. Well after a whole day of running errands and to the bathroom, I had contractions.   Every 5 minutes.  We dropped the kids off, and went grocery shopping, and watched American Idol, and off to the hospital we went. I still had the contraction, and they put me in the machines. It was now around 11 pm and I was having contractions every 3 minutes, and I was a woppin 3 cm.
It was like that until about 4 in the morning, when my doctor came in and broke my water. I was still at 3cm, and my contractions stopped. I was given pitocin, (the drug from down under) and labor went on it's way. Got my Epidural, and life was good. My doctor checked me again at 8 am and I was at 5cm. He told me this was going to be an afternoon baby and that he would come check me at lunch time. Fine by me, I was high on Epidural, and floating on clouds. (Some one should find a way to bottle that stuff. I think every mother should have a bottle handy, for themselves or for the kids in time of need).
Anyways, I began to feel a lot more pressure around 8:30 am. Convinced my Epidural had been disconnected I told my hunny to check it. The nurse than decided to check me again, I was an 8. My afternoon baby just became a morning baby. At 9:15 am I was ready to push. The Dr. rushed into the room, I was told to push. Panic took over they told me NOT to push, and they looked like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off. I was laughing at the situation, when I was told not to laugh. Oh this was serious... after the doctor had gloves on, and his apron. I pushed and out she came at 9:35 am. 
Easy Peasy... I guess walking does make labor easy, almost not even fair to call it labor.

Due to my super sneaky veins, 3 different people pocked me 4 different times in order for the IV to go in... Causing a whole lot of bruising.

This is my amazing Nurse... I loved the treatment I received. 

After a whole night of fluids being pumped in my body. 

My little angel is finally here, how we waited for this moment.

Proud Daddy. My husband is my rock, I could not imagine going through this without him. 


Annabelle Louise, 6 lbs 10 oz, 19 inches long.

This was the first time the kids met their sister.


Seriously why do we take these pictures?? 
oh... MEMORIES that's right. 

Pretty in pink. Another Girly Girl. If I can help it.


The kids did not do good at the hospital.
 So I had a lot of alone time with my baby girl. Thank goodness, it gave me time to bond with her.



Getting ready to go home. 
It's been 2 weeks and now I see how different she is already, and how beat up she looked in this picture.




3 kids, 3 car seats, 3 reasons to drive slower.

When we got home, Annabelle smiled for about 5 minutes. I do not think gas can cause such joy. I think she was dreaming, or remembering life before she got here. 

Annabelle, is an amazing baby. She is just another piece of our family puzzle. The kids love her, and are always wanting to hold and kiss her. We are blessed and although we had to have 4 miscarriages to bring them here. We would do it all over again, and will continue to do it until our family is complete. We are not done, despite of what some may think. I still have angels up there waiting to come to our crazy little family.

DISCLAIMER: Despite of the fact that Castor Oil worked for me, I do not recommend it. It is NOT for the faint at heart. But yes I would do it again.

4 comments:

  1. Hip, Hip Hooray!! What a BEAUTIFUL baby!!! Congratulations and I'm proud of you for taking matters into your own hands, way too go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Castro oil really? your brave but It's probably not as bad as what I did. got my membrane stripped. ouch.

    she's beautiful my dear congrats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww- that smile is adorable! Again, congratulations my friend. Another reason for me to keep walking even though it hurts!!

    Also, I have changed my blog address 3 times! And every time I did I transfered my old post to my new blog. It is super easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is simply beautiful!! Congrats!! I'm so glad everything worked out, and I am more than ready to be in your shoes.
    But I am not brave enough to do caster oil. The uh... side effects would be too embarrassing to me. :D

    ReplyDelete