4 Angels From Above

Instead of worrying about what our children will become tomorrow, remember that they are somebody today.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Motherhood is a funny thing...

A while back right after the baby was born, with in one week actually. Stephanie decided that she was done with the whole diapers during the day thing. Maybe seeing that the baby wears diapers she no longer wanted to be a "baby". Who knows why she did it, but the good thing is that she did. Over night... One day she had diapers the next it was gone forever. With very minor accidents, she even made the 12 hour trip to FL with no accidents. I am so proud of her, especially after many hours of trying during my pregnancy to get her out of them, I had given up for at least 6 months. 

Since baby Belle's been home Stephanie has really taken to the idea of playing dolls, She is such a good little mommy. She does things I don't even know if I could, diapering 3 babies at once for instance. 

The rule at our house is, if you don't take a nap during the day. You will go to bed early.
So the other day, both of the older kids were really bad and did not take a nap. Leaving me no choice but to put them to bed at 7 p.m. After bath and milk and the whole ordeal, they were in bed and warned to not get out of that room. Seeing that they took me seriously and were very quiet I relaxed and watched TV for 2 hours. It was American Idol finale ok... So stop judging me. 
When I got back to the room ready to go to sleep, I found Stephanie AWAKE playing with some things and eating tooth paste.

Who knew a Diaper bag could be so interesting??
After the initial desire of killing the kid, (she is lucky she ran to grandpa), I began to clean the mess.
When I came across a bottle of MYLICON (infant gas relief drops) Open and half GONE.
Oh great, what's the number for poison control? 1800 222 something 222? 
I knew I should have listened to the Dr. Anyways no big deal, I mean... She was only covered with a facial rash. But was now sleeping peacefully, and who am I to interfere with that? I have the other one to keep me awake all night, don't need 2, thanks....
Here is what I found out, the next day, while at the pool. It relieves MORE than gas. Major D blow out. 
Nasty, it was grainy too, so I am not sure if her tooth paste/Mylicon mix had a shot of Butt paste also.
Well we had lots of fun this week, and my baby has grown so much. Today she smiled at me, YES!!! I was the first one. And we went to the beach, Spencer almost drowned, thank goodness grandpa was fast and caught him, Stephanie almost got ran over by a car when she took off to the road, thank goodness she has a fast auntie also. So you ask... Where was the mother of these kids??? Well where else?  
I was laying on the sun, getting fried. Cause Lobster is the new look you know?  





 This ugly little bathing suit, was given to her by my mom. Just because we live in TN does not mean we dress in camo. But whatever, there were many other people there who should have taken a better look at their suits. JUST SAYING.

1 comment:

  1. This was an exhausting post! I think I need a nap in that beautiful sunshine and warm sand!

    I don't know how you do it girl!!

    ReplyDelete