4 Angels From Above

Instead of worrying about what our children will become tomorrow, remember that they are somebody today.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I am a failure as a mother..

Yesterday my son went to school, and when I picked him up I was given a NOTE. Oh no... My son had misbehaved at school. He did not play nice with others, and was rough with friends, and didn't listen to his teacher, and did not rest well, didn't eat much. But he was happy and energetic. 
So... Did he throw everything I ever taught him out of the window for a day? 
I never knew how disappointing a little piece of paper with your child's name on it and a bunch of frowny faces on it can be. 

And why do I feel like a failure? He did it. I taught him better, I PROMISE. 
So due to his awful note, he is grounded for the first time in his life. I mean he has been in time out many times but grounded?! That was supposed to be a few more years right? Anyways...NO TV, or VIDEO GAMES for 2 days. Until his teacher tells me that he was good tomorrow.
And most importantly NO MORE WRESTLING WITH DAD. 
All was good until he woke up this morning at 6AM. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? WHAT WAS I THINKING NO TV. This is more of a punishment for me then him. I mean thats how I get him to sit for a while. ESPECIALLY when I am not done sleeping. 

ONE MORE DAY, I can do this. 

2 comments:

  1. Ah those times are hard! Don't beat yourself up over this, you're a great mom. Everybody has their day and your son had one of those days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha!!! I know exactly what you mean! And why do we take it as a complete reflection on us as women, mothers and teachers? Because we ARE women, mothers and teachers. It's how we roll. He'll be better tomorrow. His teacher probably just needed to vent. Bring her a Dr. Pepper and you'll get a good report. :)

    ReplyDelete