4 Angels From Above

Instead of worrying about what our children will become tomorrow, remember that they are somebody today.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Thank you.

I have not blogged in a week, lame I know... But this is my problem, this makes my 100th post since I started and I wanted for it to be special. So it took me a week to think of something. Until this morning when I was reading a friends blog, SERENE is an amazing woman who says it like it is. She has 4 children under the age of 5 and is preggers with her 5th. Anyways she has posted things that she is grateful for. Instances in her life that someone went out of their way to help her. I have many things to be grateful for, funny cause yesterday's FHE lesson was on gratitude as well. I would like to share some moments with you. 

My husband and I have been married now for almost 7 years, when we got married we knew things would not be easy. He was in school full time and I was working, bringing home a woppin $1,200.00 dollars a month. When we got married, his dad asked us for our account number. Well that's weird, why would we give our account number to him so he could pass it on to a friend of his. Anyways we did it. We were blessed with our wedding to receive enough money that we could furnish our little apartment. With a couch, and TV, and some appliances.  Months later we were hit with a decision to make. Pay tithing or the bills, although I payed my tithing out of obedience I did not have a testimony of it until this day. It was a Sunday, we payed our tithing and as much as it hurt to see that money go. We knew it was the right thing to do. That same day we noticed that a mysterious $2,000.00 was deposited in our account. We don't know exactly who have it to us as a very late wedding gift, but no doubt it was a blessing. Not only it helped us through our financial deal, but it built my testimony for the law of tithing.

Another time, was just a couple weeks ago. When a friend noticed that I was not at church, and called me to tell me that she would be bringing me dinner. I have not been able to cook, without gagging lately, and I had just had a major breakdown in front of the kids. Complaining that I am away from my family, and I have no help with the kids. And All I wanted to do was go to MY MOM's house. I am sure she thought it was a small act of kindness, but she did the greatest thing that anyone could have done for me. Thanks Meag.!

Now keep it going... if you have a story of  gratitude, post it so we can see it.     

7 comments:

  1. Your testimony on tithing gave me the goosebumps! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful things to be thankful for. The day I was deciding between tithing and bills, I held my pen above the check and tried to talk myself out of tithing. Told myself I thought I'd already paid that month, etc. I finally stopped being an idiot and wrote out the check~all $90 that would have been grocery money, as my husband was only working part time and swing shifts a 2 hour commute every day. A couple hours later, received a call from my husband. He'd just met with a man in our ward for lunch who offered him a full time job, giving him credit toward his degree, and double the pay he'd been earning. Mm hmm. That's right. The power of God is greater than we'll ever know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome story! I'm so glad you shared and linked up!

    Thanks girl! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such great stories! I'm so glad you wrote them;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the greatest blessings that I have been thankful for since being away from family is for friends who have become my family. I've had friends who have come to my aid even when family wouldn't to having new friends take me under their wings when we've moved somewhere new and I didn't know a soul. "What greater gift doth thou bestow, what greater goodness can we know, than Christlike friends whose gentle ways, strengthen our faith, enrich our days."

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so welcome! I think tithing is such an interesting law/commandment. It is one of the few where the Lord says "prove Me" and it seems like He always comes through on that promise. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your kind comment about my picture, it means a lot coming from you!

    I LOVE this story. It's so amazing how the Lord blesses us.

    You are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete