4 Angels From Above

Instead of worrying about what our children will become tomorrow, remember that they are somebody today.

Friday, October 8, 2010

I was not ready for this...

So as many of you know, we are expecting and if you have been following our blog you know how hard that has been. To get to this point, there has been many heart ache, lots of tears, and tons of blood work. What we found  with the blood work is, that I make blood clots which deprives the baby of oxygen and nutrients, causing the little bean to stop growing. We also found that I don't make enough hormones, which is totally funny. Because if you ask my husband he will tell you I make enough of it for the whole neighborhood. Anyways, Progesterone is a hormone that keeps the baby alive for the first 12 weeks of their lives until the placenta takes over. 

In order to fix all this I am taking 4 daily pills. Welcome to my morning cocktail.
These are my Folic Acid, I forgot to mention... That Anemia runs in my family! That's why I need these.
Side effects: my blood does not float around anymore when tested, it actually goes down because it's strong enough.
These are my Prenatal Tabs. Nothing new there.
Side effects: Nasty after taste, and too big to swallow.
And these are my baby Aspirin, they thin out my blood and no more blood clots.
Side Effects: I bleed a ton after any cut, and it bleeds for a long long time.

Well that was my morning dose, fortunately at night it's only one pill. But trust me, Don't let it fool you, it's the worst one. This is Promitrium, The Devil of all pills. The hormone pill. 
Side effects: Drowsiness, it makes you sleep quick, and ALL day. It makes you tired all the time, to the point that I look around my house and wonder how it would be to have energy to clean it all in one day. Like I used to do it. Now I attack it one room at a time every day, and expect to get praised when husband comes home for my huge effort. Anyways I knew that was all coming, and I cannot complain. However one thing that came along is... no one told me they stored a Zit in every single one of these little pills. I am not kidding every morning I wake up with another one on my face. I feel like I am 13 all over again. The make up does not go on smooth anymore. And It's driving me CRAZY. I seriously just want to scream. Thank goodness i only have to take this zit pill for 3 more weeks. However... That's 21 more Zits I am going to have to deal with.

Ok, Sorry, had to vent. Excuse me now... I am going to find a pillow and take a nap. 

5 comments:

  1. Geez louise you poor thing! I don't know what I can say that can make you feel better, so I'll just send you a hug!

    HUG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughing my head off at the "store a zit in every pill". HAHAHAHA! But I'm sorry at the same time, too. That just SUCKS! Seriously! I mean, all that other crap is hard, but we women need to feel pretty if we're going through the rest of it. We'll start a count down for you to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about the zit pills. Hang in there. Forget about trying to tackle anything. You are growing a human being. That is enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rest girl! That's most important. And dream about clear skin and sweet smelling newborns.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pill looks huge!! No fun!! Just keep looking at pictures of yourself with clear skin and remember that you will look like that again!

    ReplyDelete