4 Angels From Above

Instead of worrying about what our children will become tomorrow, remember that they are somebody today.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Impact week...




Hi Ladies, I have been following an amazing week at HOUSE OF SARAGER and it is all about moments in our lives that made an impact or times were we made an impact. As I though about my moments, I am sure there are many. But todays story reminded me of a sweet moment I had when I was 14 years old. So I would like to share it with you. 

It was Christmas Eve and we were all getting ready to go to dinner at my uncle's house. The little kids were ready, I was in the shower and my parents were also getting dressed. I could hear outsides the door my little sisters playing tag. Andressa was 8, Larissa was 3. When something went incredibly wrong, and we heard that piercing scream. You know, the one that makes your heart skip a beat. 

I grabbed a towel, and got out just to see Larissa the 3 year old covered in blood with her mouth split open. While playing and running around, a door was smacked open hit the wall behind it and came back right in time to hit her on the face. My parents put her in the cars a raced to the hospital, I was home with Andressa, desperate to know that everything would be okay. Trying to be helpful I grabbed a bucket with some soapy water and tried to scrub the blood out of the carpet. 

As I cried and scrubbed, I told Andressa that it was her falt for running in the house, she should have know better. My heart skipped a beat once again, when I came across a tooth about 1 inch long. Larissa's canine tooth came out, all the way to root. Andressa was crying and left the room, and I called my parents to tell them what I had found. After I told them they said there was nothing they could do to fix it, and told me to go tell Andressa that it was not her fault,and that they loved her. Wow that was the first lesson I learned that day, A parents love is unconditional, even when we make mistakes as big as that one. The second came soon after.

As I went to look for my sister, I found her in the middle of the living room. Kneeling, with hear head bowed and her arms crossed in perfect humility. Begging Heavenly Father to take care of Larissa, and bring her home safely.  Seeing this child come to Heavenly Father on her own, when she knew there was nothing she could do about it. But had the Faith to ask the only one who could, in the midst of of all the commotion of the night. She taught me the greatest lesson about prayer, I don't know that she knows this, and as I write this down I have tears rolling down my face. Because the lesson I learned that night has been the only thing that has gotten me through some really hard trials. 

I am proud of the young woman that she has become, she herself has had some really hard times lately. But just like when she was eight, Heavenly Father answered her prayers, I know that he will continue to do so throughout her life. I am so blessed to have such a great special spirit in this earth as my Sister. I love her, and I am grateful everyday that we can help each other get back up from the great falls of this life.

Isn't she beautiful? Inside and out? And guess what... She is single, thanks to a few jerks on earth.

Vanessa and Andressa: Friends in Heaven, Sisters forever.

2 comments:

  1. There are tears rolling down my cheeks as I read this. THank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!

    Sister's are a blessing from God and yours are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete