4 Angels From Above

Instead of worrying about what our children will become tomorrow, remember that they are somebody today.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Hold them a little tighter

We all have our hard times, and our set of trials. They are all different, and we all learn different lessons from them. But when we are DOWN, you know!!! When we hit rock bottom. Well, we are all at the same place. The feelings of despair are the same, the loneliness we feel, and the lack of hope, motivation. Yeah it's the same. That is why we can have sympathy for someone's hardship even though we haven't been in their shoes. 

 I have been there. You have been there. An event in my my day, made me realize how fragile life is. Made me look at my children with a little bit more patience, and made an effort to tell them how amazing they are. Why do I forget, that life is so much more than cleaning and cooking and attempting to be super mom, super wife, super woman? 

This morning, I prayed...  And asked Heavenly Father for a good day, and it happened. My house still not as clean and organized as I would like, and I have Mount Everest waiting to be put away in the living room. But I held my babies a little tighter tonight. 



I also realized that I can control weather my day will be good or bad. I cannot control what will happen but how I will react. So when I get paint on my kitchen chair, or the kids unfold my newly folded pile of laundry. I can choose to love them anyways. They are only little for a while, and before you know... It's all a thing from the past. 

So go... Stop what your doing... And hold them, tight... 

***

This morning as I was wondering what to do with my kids. I came across a friends blog. She telling us how easy it is to keep her kids entertained by just rolling some paper on a table and let them color.
Well, thanks Serene. This was entertainment for a whole day.

First you tape the paper down, and give them crayons...


When they get bored with that. (1:30 min later) give them lunch and nap time.

 Than bring out the finger paint... and let them paint on top of the same paper.

For complete peace and silence, put a tootsie pop on their mouths while they have their hands dirty. 

And voala... you can fold 5 loads of laundry in peace. 

This may just be a knew favorite in our home. Why didn't I think of  this?

2 comments:

  1. What a great post!

    And I'm so, so glad that the paper-covered table is a hit!! It sure is nice when they can be self-entertained for a little while!

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just started a new blog: www.MommyGiggles.com where we post funny pictures we find on Mommy Blogs for all moms to get a giggle out of 

    I figure since your blog is full of humor you might have some funny pictures that we could post on our blog.

    If we do post one of your pictures, we will put your blog's button or url in the post with your picture so you would get the credit - and some new mommy followers!

    Hopefully you have a great picture to share with us!

    Heather Matthews & Heidi Werry

    ReplyDelete