4 Angels From Above

Instead of worrying about what our children will become tomorrow, remember that they are somebody today.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What NOT to say to a pregnant mother...

Do you know that Ward that has been around forever? With the same members? Who have done the same thing for decades? And their youngest kids are coming home from their missions?

Yes!!! THAT ONE! Full of older members who are set on their ways??? Well, that's my ward. When we moved here 3 years ago, Spencer was the ONLY 2 year old in the whole nursery. Since than we did have some younger blood move in, and bring their little ones with them. 
Yes we are up to 6 or 7 couples who are child baring years. And currently there are 2 of us pregnant. The crazy old women are besides themselves, not knowing what to do with the noise during sacrament meeting. 

Two weeks ago we had speakers assigned from the stake to come and speak strictly about Genealogy.  I do not take away the importance of such work. I do believe that everything has a time and a season, and I find it hard to pencil that in this season of my life. I do what I can, but nothing too in depth.

So last Sunday when one of our dear crazy old ladies got up to speak about Genealogy I took a deep breath and told myself she was only the second speaker and it would be short. BOY!!! Was I sooooo WRONG. 
She took the remaining of the time, speaking for about 25 minutes. Putting not only me, but many to sleep. She went on rumbling about some non-sense. So when Stephanie began to have a tantrum, I was not worried about calming her down. In my mind I thought maybe she would get the point across that she needed to STOP freakin talking. Well the bishop passed a paper letting her know her time was WAY over. 

And thank goodness she got the memo, I was beginning to plan a way to put a blinking light that said SHUT UP. I am glad I did not need to do that.

So the intermediate Hymn was cancelled and the third speaker was asked to speak another day, and the meeting was FINALLY over.

As I sat in my seat, on the third roll of the right side of the chapel. Here comes the crazy old woman, who when she dies will need 2 coffins. One for her and one for her tongue. And says... Mind you, I never spoke with her in my life.

" Hi Momma, I think it's time for you to find some one to help you on Sundays with your little ones. With the baby coming for sure you will have no control over them, maybe someone would be willing to sit with you"

HUM... Here are the words I swallowed...

First of all, if you hadn't talked for 15 minutes passed your assigned time I would have made an effort to "CONTROL" my kids.
Second, I do have help. Unfortunately he is busy serving YOU!  
Third of all, God created children and they are perfect as they are, and He is only keeping you around to learn how to become more like them once again.

So I sat on the lobby looking for the spirit that took off running so fast that it took me 3 days to catch up to it. When I realized I was not going to find it, I picked up my little chicks, like a mad mother Hen put them under my wings and came home. 

Yup...  I was a little offended. But I am over it now, I put it all out there. More than ever I am glad the church is being lead by Christ and not by people. And no matter how messed up things can get, it is still true. 

So again I say... DEAL WITH IT!

P.S. I do have good kids, they are for the most part well behaved. However they are KIDS.  

3 comments:

  1. I think when you reach a certain age the filter between brain and mouth disappears! You know what my ward is like! :) You handled it the best way possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh for crying out loud. That is just too much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really was a crazy Sunday. Good for you for having your moment and moving on...it's the best any of us can do!...and Steph's 2 seconds of crying was NO BIG DEAL. I just figure Heavenly Father is glad when we make the effort to be there with our little ones trying to set the example for them even it seems pointless. How dare someone mess with a pregnant lady anyways ;)

    ReplyDelete