4 Angels From Above

Instead of worrying about what our children will become tomorrow, remember that they are somebody today.

Monday, March 21, 2011

It's been a nice and well deserved Break...

As you can see I took a break, from everything. A whole week with my husband, no WORK, no CHURCH, no House to clean, NO cooking. Yes it was nice... And boy!!  Did I have a hard day today, trying to get back to REAL life. Oh... and potty training was a total failure. 

We went to Washington D.C. for a few days, my sister is law lives there and my mother in law was there visiting. Since my hubby hadn't seen her since last summer, and wont see her until Christmas he thought it would be fun to go. Well, 12 hours in the car, 33 weeks pregnant and 2 kids.  It was indeed FUN. We spent 2 days there and came home, splitting the trip in 2 days on the way home. It was hard and tiering, even if my poor husband did most of the driving. But you know what... I am glad we did it, I enjoyed every minute of the day with my one and only. 

We have learned through our many trips to Florida, that the best time to travel is early... I mean 5 am early. And be done by 4 or 5 pm. The kids are much happier that way. So we stopped and got Doughnuts for  breakfast. And this is what you should NOT do.
 DON'T GIVE A 2 YEAR OLD BOSTON CREAM, AND EXPECT HER TO NOT MAKE A MESS.


While up there we celebrated 4 Birthdays, Hubby and his sister was on March 5th, our niece Ambar on March 15th, and Stephanie's March 16th. We went for a family diner. 


Hubby, his mom, and sister.

Ambar and Fabiola.

Hubby and a small whale we found on the way up....

Afterwards we went home and the kids opened their presents and had cake. 



We went on the Metro, and the kids were all over the idea for the first 10 minutes, than couldn't wait to get out. Because it was "SOOOO boring" according to Spencer. 


 And you just can't visit D.C. and not go to see all the Museums and monuments.

We were not able to see all the Museums, but a must see was the dinosaur one. 

 I thought Spencer would be all over that one.
But I was wrong...
I know I have told you about my husband being a flight test engineer, which means he works with Airplanes, which means he LOVES and is fascinated with them.  
But did I mention that my kids have Airplane fuel running in their veins? 
So it was the Air and Space museum that hit home for all 3 of them.

Spencer got his knee stuck on the fence, and was having a little panic attack when we told him he would not be riding the carousel if he did not get it out.

 It was over all a great day, but this momma was tired in the end. And it was a long and very crowded Metro ride home.
As you can see, I was not alone on the tired department.
Seeing that the Air and Space Museum was a success, we hit the other one on the way home. This one was HUGE.

A very happy GIRL.

 Since mom had no idea about all the cool airplanes, and did not share the excitement. She was left behind, to waddle all on her own. While daddy gave the kids a tour of the place and named EVERY single one.

So there... it was after all the hours in the car, a great little vacation. And the last one as a family of 4, cause now I am not allowed to leave the area until this little one makes her big entrance in a few weeks.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you took a picture of Spencer before getting his knee unstuck, that is so something I would do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you guys had a fun trip- it's always nice to have the hubby's full and undivided attention huh?! Did you notice that the carousel there in DC was crazy fast?! Looks like fun. :)

    ReplyDelete