4 Angels From Above

Instead of worrying about what our children will become tomorrow, remember that they are somebody today.

Friday, May 14, 2010

MOPS playdate

As I checked the weather everyday this week, with the forecast saying there was a 60% chance of rain. We prayed, and prayed. We planned a MOPS play date at our house. A water day, with a pool and a kiddie pool, and slip and slide, and water guns, playground, and oh my goodness a possibility of 30 or more kids. For those who don't know MOPS is a Christian based Mothers group, it stands for Mother Of Pre-Schoolers.  We have an amazing group of woman, who are raising kids all around the same ages, and who can't use some support and time with other adults? 
Well this morning comes around and as I jumped out of bed at 5:30 in the morning to look outside the window. YES! 5:30 and it's already daylight outside. It's ridiculous any other day but today I was glad.  I had forgotten to ask my husband to check the playground for wasp nest. So... MY AMAZING, SUPPER AWESOME, INCREDIBLY BRAVE, AND OH SO HOT HUSBAND CAME TO MY RESCUE. He slip into his supper hero outfit. (A jacket, gloves, full face helmet, pants, and shoes) He grabbed his weapon  (A can of wasp kill on contact killer and a screw driver) and headed out to save the day. Yes! Now I had to conquer the floors and we would be set. I am proud to say that I was swiping and mopping my floors at 6:30 am. Yeah that's right, I am going to brag about it. It will never happen again. 
Today was also a charity activity, everyone brought baby items to be donated to Pregnancy crisis center. So really it was a donation baby shower. 10:00am comes around and the day could not be better the kids are in the pool!



Everyone is having a good time. Thank goodness no rain. I really enjoyed having everyone over!
The kids enjoyed having everyone here, Stephanie though she was big stuff!
But in the end she realized she wasn't and just got in the water table!


Thank goodness it had 2 sides! They were fighting... They both wanted to sit on the same side!


REALLY?! Who does she think she is?

And since I did not have much to do yesterday... Only a 3 hour presidency meeting, followed by house cleaning, laundry, fish tacos for dinner (the only way I eat fish) and you know the usual mom everyday things... I baked and decorated a cake. 

Now I am here waiting for my supper hero to come home so we can go on a supper cool date tonight. And I will tell you tomorrow what it was.. Don't want to spoil the surprise you know?!! Cause I mean I don't even know what we are doing.







8 comments:

  1. I LOVE THE CAKE! Nice job!

    http://beinglds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I don't know if I can be your friend. You are WAY TOO FREAKIN' OVERACHIEVING to read on a consistent basis. You make me feel inferior~and I already have a mirror and scales to do that for me. But I'll try to cowboy-up. LOVE the cake and am a little bit sickened that you mop your floors at 6:30 AM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah. Trust me it's the first time I have ever done that. I am usually in bed, cursing my husband for waking me up so early at that time... I love this already thank you guys for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute blog! Cute cake! It even matches your blog, lol. I'm going to click your follower gadget so I can find you again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun it would be to be your neighbor! You are SUPER mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun it would be to be your neighbor! You are SUPER mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even if I had people coming over to my house I still would NOT be up at 6:30 mopping, I'm too lazy! Great cake! Since I don't decorate cakes I wouldn't have had a cake at my party unless Lindsey made it! Love the picture of Stephanie climbing on the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HIYA! I found you over at MMB and subscribed! That cake looks super yummy! What a fun time y'all are having!

    ReplyDelete