4 Angels From Above

Instead of worrying about what our children will become tomorrow, remember that they are somebody today.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Why man could not be MOTHERS...

Today I went to Tullahoma where my husband works, about 25 min away from my house. It also is the town where they have KROGER the other super market besides Wal Mart. While we were there we payed a visit to daddy, and were looking forward to having lunch with him.  

I have to give you a little back ground of what my husband does in order for you to understand my frustration. He is an Aerospace Engineer and Flight test pilot. What is that?! I know I have spent the last 7 years trying to grasp it myself. In a nut shell, he flies airplanes with different equipment in it, that gathers data and helps solve some kind of problem. Last year he worked on making a simulator that trains airline pilots, on how to fly with Ice on the wings. Right now they are working with NASA to help better the weather reading towers, that helps NOAA to provide us with the correct weather. I know it's a lot more then that, and much more complicated but it is what I got out of the explanation. If you would like a better explanation go HERE.

That's my husband on the right! I am so proud of him!

Anyways... Back to my story. I called him before I left the house, around 9:30 am, he did not answer so I knew he was flying. I past some time and went grocery shopping, and came to the airport at 12:30 pm. I figured they have to eat sometime and I would wait for him, 10 min later they landed. He came and told me he needed to debrief?!! Mommy language please... Talk about the flight. Ok!!! Much better. He also told me that it can take about 10 minutes. Hey I waited till now so what's a few more. But I went to the meeting with him. To hear them "debrief".  After 5 min, they decided that the data that was gathered today was not enough to finish the project. Today was supposedly their last flight for this specific project. They needed another flight. But now we have a problem there needs to be another 3 flights before the end of the week for a different reason, and they did not know if they had the fundings to do another flight for NOAA. So they called the big guy . Who really is 5 foot 5 and weighs about 110 pounds. Who is now in CALIFORNIA enjoying life. This is where my motherly skills came in. C'mon ladies... What would any mother do? 

Examine the facts. Not enough data, need another flight. We have checked the weather and the budget and tomorrow would be a perfect day to redo the flight.

What are the obstacles: We need to do 3 more flights, before the plane goes down next week for maintenance.

Solution: Fly tomorrow morning, finish the this project. And play it by ear as to when to fly the next 3 tests. After all it all depends on the weather, and we ALL know we cannot control it. 

Problem SOLVED. 

It took them 35 minutes to come with that solution over a phone conference with the BIG little guy. 

 The thing that amazes me is... in that room. There were... 3 PHD graduates, 1 Master graduate, and 3 potential master graduates (they are graduating with the next few months) 1 PHD over the phone, and ME! Who graduated high school, but am currently working on a PHD for Domestic engineer.  AND IT TOOK THEM THAT LONG? 

No wonder man take forever to get anything done. It takes them 45 minutes to come up with a common sense solution. And they would not survive as a mother, because we are making decisions every minute of the day if we took that long, our kids would not live much longer than a day.







2 comments:

  1. I can actually think of another, oh, MILLION reasons why men could not be mothers. But let's just stick with yours, shall we? There would be urine on the walls, gasoline on the floor and vomit in their beds if Dads were in charge. Bless their hearts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claudia!!! Of course you are so welcome. Just let me know. We will be going out of town a lot in july and part of august. But let me know the dates. Also I cannot get in to your blog. SO PLEASE ADD ME.... nessabubaloo@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete