4 Angels From Above

Instead of worrying about what our children will become tomorrow, remember that they are somebody today.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Beautiful Sunny Day with a hot ending.

They say a picture says a thousand words, so here is a few. I know this may become a bit long, but trust me you want to get to the end...
Today I found out that if you want to get things done you wake up before 9 am. Yes! The sun is actually shining that early in the morning, and I do have 7 am on my clock. Well it was about that time that the first sun rays peaked through my bedroom window this morning. YES SUN RAYS people... I hadn't seen it this year yet. I was beginning to think the suns resolution was to hide for the rest of the year. We got up and went to the gym, hubby played some racket ball, and I walked. By 9:20 am I had already walked 4 miles today. AMAZING... It was a warm 54 degrees outside. It was the perfect day to just spend time outdoors. 

So while we washed and detailed these babies.


The kids played with their bikes and "COOTERS", dug holes, and played in the play ground. BEAUTIFUL. I know, I am sorry if you are jealous of my wonderful day! (just stay with me) 

We also worked a little on this project, but that is a whole other post. 

 We played some Basketball, 
and I found out I have a NBA player in training...







I told him how good he was after he took this amazing shot, and he informed me that I am KIND of good. See if I play with him again.

We were running out of things to do, so I grabbed my Garden scissors... It was right about now that my husband told me he was going to do some homework. Ok!!! I get the picture... He wants nothing to do with trimming the stupid trees up front, or the cleaning up.
So I trimmed these monsters.


And I was going to clean it up too, who needs a man.

Nothing that some of this.


And ONE of these 
won't take care of...


Yep... You put all the leafs and branches and whatever else you don't want around in a pile like this.


Pour some gas, and BOOOOOM! 

It was a second after the Boom, that I knew I was in trouble. I told Spencer to go get daddy. I guess I need a man after all. 



Sorry I don't have a picture of the actual fire, I was in between running for the hose and peeing my pants laughing so hard at what I had done. It was only after the fire was contained, that my husband turned to me and said..."GO, go get your camera, you ARE going to blog about this."  

The whole time I was building the pile for the fire, Spencer kept telling me to call daddy. Because..."daddy is the best at making fires" 

Yeah I guess I showed him who is the Fire Queen. 

And now we have a big patch of burnt grass and a pile of CRAP in the backyard. Told you I could clean up all by myself.






6 comments:

  1. Nothing like a brisk sunny day to brighten the spirits....perhaps a bon fire as well...That is pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too funny! I'm glad no one got hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew when I got to the picture of the gas can this post was going to end in trouble!! I laughed out loud when I saw the 'after' pics! I guess that's one way of reducing your mowing time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious! At least you both were laughing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahahahahaha!!!! That is hysterical! I'm actually glad you didn't leave the fire to get your camera. We might have seen it on the news. By the way, I sent your package. You should get it early this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your husband and my husband would get along greatly. They are both pyro's :)

    Yay for the future NBA player - chaching!

    ReplyDelete