4 Angels From Above

Instead of worrying about what our children will become tomorrow, remember that they are somebody today.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Call me Butterfly...

Hello everyone, I am so shocked... It's been brought to my attention that I have yet to disclose my name on this blog. HOW SAD IS THAT? You know so much about me, like how fun it is to remove a small ball of poop from a 18 month's old little girl's nose. And how drinking water from the toilet is not good for you, to even more personal things. Such as one my my biggest struggles with depression and miscarriages. So are you ready? I do have a name. I am not just the crazy mormon mom who can't spell. 

My name is...

Vanessa
The Greek meaning of my name is- BUTTERFLY. Also, from Phanessa, the mystic goddess of an ancient Greek brotherhood

VANESSA (noun)

Meaning:
Painted beauty and red admiral
Classified under:
Nouns denoting animals
Synonyms:
genus Vanessa; Vanessa
Hypernyms ("Vanessa" is a kind of...):
arthropod genus (a genus of arthropods)
Meronyms (members of "Vanessa"):
painted beautyVanessa virginiensis (American butterfly having dark brown wings with white and golden orange spots)
red admiralVanessa atalanta (of temperate Europe and Asia; having black wings with red and white markings)
Holonyms ("Vanessa" is a member of...):
family NymphalidaeNymphalidae (large beautifully colored butterflies)

I really hope you didn't just read all that. 
So let's recap and get the most important meanings, 

Butterfly: Explains why my dad called me his social butterfly.
Mystic Goddess: Do I need to go on this one?
Painted Beauty: That's right one of a kind BABY!!!

Funny... I didn't see conceited there, maybe we should add that one to the list. HAHAHA... So there! I am done now. 

Have a great life knowing what my name is and means. 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You have come out of the anonymous closet! And small ball of poop up a nose? THAT. IS. HYSTERICAL! I'll have to find that post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this post! so funny. nice to FINALLY meet you vanessa ;-)

    ReplyDelete