4 Angels From Above

Instead of worrying about what our children will become tomorrow, remember that they are somebody today.

Monday, January 24, 2011

An eye opener experience.

So I tend to think that my family is great, and we all are happy together... Truth is... I love them, but boy there are some messed up ideas lately.  My mother is menopausal, I swear there is a demon that come along with that stage in life. To tell you the truth I don't even know the woman anymore. I have a 15 year old sister who is an IDIOT, and knows it all, and is used to get things her way. And if it doesn't happen how and when she wants it, Satan comes out to play.  And well then there is me, who sees all that is wrong with everything they are doing and if they would just listen and do it my way, things would be better. DUH... So no we are not great and happy all the time. Actually we are pretty messed up most of the time, but I love to put on a front and let others think we are this great celestial family.

Well, there are few things that I have learned in the process. 
#1. My kids will not all be the same, some will make right choices easily and others... well they will easily make choices.
#2. Some times I need to step back and really see the whole picture, and even take advice from my own children. After all... after 26 years they will know me a little. 
#3. Everyone has their struggles, mine may not be the same as yours. And you may even think my trial is little or not even important, but remember I AM THE ONE GOING THROUGH IT. And weather little or big we will eventually get to the same lonely unhappy place. So be sympathetic if you want to receive sympathy. 
#4. Despite the fact that you may be going through a hard time, it DOES NOT give you the right to tell me to suck it up, or belittle my trial. After all I probably think your is just as dumb as you think mine is.
#5. And this one is a biggie, one that I hope I NEVER forget. Despite the fact that we are all different in this world, and everyone has their own weaknesses and strengths. The Lord's Commandments are THE SAME.
SO WHY would it be different in our home? We have different children with different personalities and struggles. But the rules need to remain the same. NO matter if this one is going through it 11 years later and you are older. YOU are still a parent and responsible for this one as you were with the other one. And the fact that you are "older" does not make it okay to not discipline and impose rules. 44 is not even that old so stop telling yourself that.
Don't be mad if the older one thinks it's wrong that you allow the younger to do things that not only she was not able to do, but that are also clearly against church standards. Just because she turns into Satan when things are not done her way. Well guess what. that's exactly what he THE DEVIL WANTS.
Be constant with your kids, if the rule applies to one it should apply to all of them. 
Anyways, just somethings I need to remember in the future. So we learn from others mistakes and don't repeat them.

By the way, does menopausal women ever go back to being normal? I want my mother back. 

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Well my dear give your mother a little understanding..I feel her pain. Then remember this time as it will happen to you at some point in your life and you'll be like..."Oh my poor mother, I get it now!"

    Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete