4 Angels From Above

Instead of worrying about what our children will become tomorrow, remember that they are somebody today.

Monday, January 10, 2011

WOW, SNOW...

And verily, verily I say unto you. Thou shalt not go to school, for the next week due to some major forces of nature. That came down hard upon the face of around here. Making roads muggy and dirty, and lots of snow days for the kids. Because we were bombarded with 8 inches of snow. 

Oh!! You thought I said 8 feet?! No, really it is only 8 inches. And let me tell you, schools have closed for much less then that. There is a good side to the whole thing though. No one showed up to work today, so my hunny came home at 1 p.m. to have lunch with us and go enjoy a snow day.  We had soooooo much fun. I dressed the children and covered the belly, and we went sledding. It was my first time, well, I really didn't go, I just watched as the kids had a blast. It is definitely one of the best things in the world to watch my children laugh with joy. We went to Walmart to buy a sled and they didn't have any, so we improvise. 

Just for the record, a plastic storage box does not make a good sled. NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO TO IT. But we found out that some other unexpected things do. Such as trash can lids, ring floats for the pool, Twin size air mattress, stolen political signs, and the winner of it all was an old Ironing board with a rope tied to the front of it. Redneck sledding in style. Hahaha!!!

Thanks to some really generous people who let us use their sled we were able to enjoy the fun. We will keep a lookout for a real sled though. Here are some pics of our day, that ended with a huge snow man and a snowball fight.

This was a trash lid from the people next to us, who felt sorry for our pathetic sled.
 This IS our pathetic sled. It was slow enough that Stephanie could go by herself. 
 Well maybe she had a little help.
 Never seen this little man, play so hard.
 Daddy fell on his BUM! hahaha

 Oh... that's what a sled looks like.   Thanks Unknown people! 



 Every year this snow man keeps getting bigger. 


 And here I am at 5.5 months pregnant with baby Annabelle.
 For the record... those are NOT leggings.  I promise.

Well we are "supposed" to get some more snow tonight. Hopefully tomorrow will be just as fun.  

5 comments:

  1. I don't know if I've ever mentioned how absolutely stunning you are. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Just wanted to tell you so. And what a fun day! Love it, especially the trash can lid and ironing board ideas. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Fun Day!! LOL at the ironing board, way to be creative ;-) So glad the kiddos had such a great time in the Blizzard of 2011, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure I never looked that good pregnant! What a fun snow day your family had!!! I'm so jealous!! We keep getting snow just not enough to close the schools..Tonight is suppose to have some winter weather warning! I hope so, I want a snow day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! I miss snow.

    And you sure are pretty! Lisa is right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful Vanessa!!! Your snowman has gotten big, remember the dinky one we made?!? Well I guess I can't say we, I mean you and the boys! He was small but cute! The kids and I are going to WV next month and I'm hoping there will still be snow so we can go sledding! Looks like you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete